- Choose a place where you can sit quietly and undisturbed for about 10 minutes each morning and/or evening.
- It is important to sit comfortably, so this may mean you sit on a chair (preferably with a firm back – try not to sit on a sofa). You do not have to sit on the floor in a cross-legged position in order to meditate, but if this is comfortable for you then by all means sit that way.
- Place the instruction card nearby in case you need to refer to it.
- When you are ready to begin meditating, remove your shoes – to give you a connection with the earth and allow your feet to relax.
- Safely secure a candle in a holder.
- Incense, flowers and appropriate music can all contribute to creating an atmosphere conducive to meditation.
Setting Up Your Meditation AreaGuy2013-01-09T10:34:51+11:00